Thursday, October 27, 2011

Herding Cats Chenin Blanc/Chardonnay, Vintage 2010


First, let me make this disclaimer: This wine is complete shit, but I love it.

The result of a purchase designed to shame and embarrass me as a cat lover, I'm glad I discovered this wine, because it's perfect just as it is: cheap, unassuming, and unoffensive. It's also unextraordinary and unremarkable, but I'm willing to let that slide, personally.

Verdict: Porch wine. It has some of the typical characteristics of a Chenin Blanc (a white floral nose, a minerally palate) and a few of the typical characteristics of a Chardonnay (a fruity palate, creamy mouthfeel due to the ML Fermentation), but it's not terribly complex. It is, however, crisp, refreshing and fruity - a great summer or easing-into-fall wine (or if you're me, an all-year wine!).

Pairing: I have (honestly) paired this with anything. From macaroni and cheese to hamburger helper, this wine just hangs back and stays refreshing - it doesn't presume to "go" with anything. Just buy it to keep in your house for dinner parties... no one needs to know that it's got a silly label!


Wine: Herding Cats Chenin Blanc/Chardonnay, Vintage 2010

Price: $7.99
Purchased: Harris Teeter, Alexandria VA

No comments:

Post a Comment