Saturday, February 5, 2011

Anne Amie Pinot Gris, Vintage 2009


This is a great bottle that was again recommended by Wishing Well Liquors in Easton (it's right next to my physical therapist, so I imagine I will go often since both of the recommendations have been outstanding). After I explained to him the premise of the blog and the "pretty label" phenomenon, he endeavored to find a bottle with a pretty label that was cheap and also a solid, flavorful, semi-complex wine - and succeeded.

Verdict: This wine is balanced and crisp (a great summer wine) and while the nose is super floral, the palate is heavily fruity with pear and stone fruit notes (stone fruits are fruits like peaches with a "stone" or "pit"). It is a very dry wine, with a fairly long finish (lots of minerals) and it's almost spicy with hints of black pepper, cinnamon and cardamom (which add to the complexity in a big way).

Pairing: A classic pairing for this wine would be mussels or chicken, but I enjoyed sipping this wine while eating a fettuccine alfredo I made. Honestly, I wish more places would allow you to BYOB, because this is a great bottle to take to dinner!

Wine: Anne Amie Pinot Gris, Vintage 2009
Cost: $12
Purchased: Wishing Well Liquors, Easton MD

**For more information on the vineyard, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment